Monday Market Report | April 24th - 30th, 2023
📢 Weekly TL;DR
Every Monday morning, we cover the latest developments and trends in the dynamic and ever-evolving world of cryptocurrency. From price movements, industry news and our favorite resources, we strive to provide our readers with a comprehensive overview of the crypto landscape.
One year out from the next Bitcoin halving, the rekindling of institutional interest in Digital Assets has begun. This week:
- Record inflow of staked Ether
- Franklin Templeton Jumps on the bandwagon... via Polygon, and--
- Bitcoin reacts positively to First Republic news.
📈 Weekly Moves
- The global cryptocurrency market has reached a total market capitalization of CAD $1.60 trillion.
- Bitcoin continues to lead the market with a dominance of 46.8%, followed by Ethereum at 18.8%.
- Bitcoin is currently the top trading pair on NDAX, followed Ethereum, XRP, Dogecoin, Polygon and Shiba Inu.
- Over the past 7 days, the value of Bitcoin (BTC) has increased by 2.99% and is currently being traded at $38,704. Ethereum (ETH) is down 0.86% during the same period and is now being traded at $2,495.
- Last week, 571,950 ETH tokens were deposited into staking contracts, worth over $1B, according to Dune Analytics (see Shanghai Upgrade article below)
- Rep. Patrick McHenry told CoinDesk’s Consensus ’23 that following some hearings in May, we could expect a crypto bill in the US in 2 months.
- When asked whether he thought a bill could be signed by President Biden in 12 months, he answered—without missing a beat—Yes.
- Deloitte is hiring hundreds of crypto specialists while--
- KPMG Published a report finding that most family offices plan to invest in Digital Assets—if they haven’t already.
As of 05/01/2023 12:30 AM EST, values in CAD.
Keep an eye on the market here 👉 Cryptocurrency Prices
📰 Community News
In the cryptocurrency community, there's always something going on. Here are a few events and happenings that you might be interested in:
- U.S. House Will Have Crypto Bill in 2 Months: McHenry CoinDesk
- Ethereum Shanghai Upgrade Brings Record Inflow of 572K ETH Staked in a Week CoinDesk
- Fidelity Doubles Down on Metaverse with Financial Literacy Experience Blockworks
- Analysts at odds over Fed, US debt ceiling impact on Bitcoin price CoinTelegraph
📅 Upcoming Events
Mark your calendars!
- May 3 - FOMC Decision
- May 10 – CPI (April)
- May 17 - Bitcoin Builders Conference Miami
- May 18 - Bitcoin 2023 Conference Miami
📖 Educational Resources
Looking to learn more about cryptocurrency and blockchain? Here are a few resources that we recommend:
- Deloitte has hundreds of jobs advertised around digital assets. Franklin Templeton just announced a major blockchain project with Polygon. Standard Chartered Bank is betting on $100k BTC in 2023. The institutions are back, baby. – The Breakdown w/ NLW: The Institutions Are Coming Back to Crypto
- Dylan LeClair comes on to talk about the current market conditions for Bitcoin on-chain analytics and news. – The Investors Podcast; Bitcoin Fundamentals w/ Preston Pysh – BTC127: LONG-TERM HOLDERS DRIVING THE BITCOIN MARKET W/ DYLAN LECLAIR
- A guide to crypto analytics platforms trying to build a coherent picture of crypto markets by sifting and sorting through reams of data. Unchained -- A Guide to the Big Crypto Analytics Platforms
💫 Feature of the Month
NDAX's Referral Program
We pay our affiliates commissions as high as 10% and up to $25 per referral! It doesn't matter if your referrals trade $10 or a million dollars, you'll receive a 10% commission - not once, but whenever your referral trades on NDAX!
💰 Earn up to $1,000 per referral!
👨👩👦 Refer your friends, family and community to NDAX and start earning bitcoin and other digital assets with the best bitcoin affiliate program in the cryptocurrency space.
Thanks for reading our latest newsletter. Don't forget to follow us on social media for more updates and join the conversation on our forums.