How to sell Bitcoin in Canada on Coinbase
Can you sell Bitcoin on Coinbase in Canada?
Canadians looking to sell Bitcoin from Coinbase and trade it for Canadian dollars to send to their Canadian bank account can easily do this utilizing both Coinbase and NDAX.
- ➀ Sign in or create an account on NDAX to get a Bitcoin wallet address
- ➁ Send a Bitcoin withdrawal from Coinbase to NDAX
- ➂ Trade your BTC to CAD
- ➃ Send your CAD to your bank account
➀ Sign in or create an account on NDAX to get a wallet address
How to find your Bitcoin address
- • Sign up or log in to NDAX
- • Once you log in you will be redirected to your dashboard
- • Click the WALLET icon on the left-hand side of the screen
- • Select BITCOIN
- • Click the GREEN DEPOSIT BUTTON
- • Copy this address
- You will be sending your Bitcoin to the address provided to deposit into your NDAX account
➁ Send a Bitcoin withdrawal from Coinbase to NDAX
How to withdraw from Coinbase
- • Login to Coinbase
- • You will be directed to your dashboard, click SEND on the top right-hand corner of the screen
- • Under Pay with, select BITCOIN
- • Enter the amount of Bitcoin you would like to send
- • Enter the Bitcoin address you copied from NDAX
- • Select SEND to review and confirm the details of this withdrawal
- • Select SEND NOW
- You have now transferred your Bitcoin from Coinbase
➂ Trade your BTC to CAD
Selling your Bitcoin in Canada (BTC/CAD)
- • Go back to the NDAX trading platform
- • Click TRADE on the left-hand side of the screen
- • On the trade page, click SELL (Red button) on the right side of the screen
- • Click the small GREY ARROW in the upper left corner of the screen to pick the BTC/CAD pair
- • Click on MARKET
- • Enter ORDER SIZE (How much you want to sell) either in BTC or CAD
- • Click PLACE SELL ORDER
➃ Send your CAD to your bank account
Send a withdrawal to any Canadian bank
- • Click WITHDRAW at the top of the screen
- • Select the FIAT TAB on the left side of the screen
- • Ensure CAD is selected and click the WITHDRAW button
- • Choose the method of withdrawal: EFT or WIRE TRANSFER
- • Select BANK ACCOUNT or ADD ACCOUNT if this is your first time.
- • Type in the amount you’d like to withdraw or click MAX
- • Click WITHDRAW NOW
You have now successfully converted your Bitcoin from Coinbase to Canadian dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions
- • What fees does NDAX charge?
- • Why have I not received my withdrawal yet?
- • How long do fiat withdrawals take?
- • How do I buy Bitcoin in Canada (BTC/CAD)?
- • How do I choose the right cryptocurrency exchange?
If you are based in Canada and looking for a Canadian Bitcoin exchange, then take a look at NDAX. NDAX is an easy-to-use, beginner-friendly exchange that can give you easy access to trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, XRP, Litecoin, Cardano, Dogecoin, EOS and Stellar.